- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped (about 3–4 lbs, or 4–5 cups)
- 3 small apples, roughly chopped
- 1 very small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher or sea salt (+more to taste)
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp crushed thyme
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
1. Place squash, apples, and onion on a large roasting tray. Drizzle coconut oil and salt and pepper over them, mix with your hands, and roast at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until they’re all soft and golden.
2. Place roasted veggies in a blender with vegetable broth, nutmeg, coconut milk, and thyme. Blend, and season to taste with salt and pepper. If the soup needs more liquid, add some more, until it reaches the consistency you like.
3. Transfer soup to a pot, re-heat and serve.
Keywords: Roasted, Butternut, Squash, Apple Soup